Just got home, so well, the powerkidz camp was fun. Really fun, esp wheen the kids were sleeping.
So on the first day, I was there abt lyk 7.45. Signed up the children. There were 6 grups, Lightning, Electricity, Voltage, Ion, Tugston and Energy, spelling Levite.. Was the agl for Ion, together wif Marcus, Eliza was our grp leader. Uh, Collin, Jeremy, Jonathan, Ivan, Leah, Jasmin, Evangeline and Anne was in my grp. So took lunch, den Eliza had to go out, and Marcus was games IC, so I was responsible for them. Den the games were stationed at the basketball court, Opp at blk 852 and one in Bethel. At first, the boys in my ran onto the road though the traffic man was green, but we were suppose to stay together, so I told them so and so.. After that, I was fortunate tt dey listened to me. So we had a lot of fun together.. Had Mac'donalds for dinner. guess the children loved it. So they had nite activities where they had to make instruments out of re-cycled materials, I helped some of the boys make a rocket launcher, lol. So when we settled the kidz down to bed, we went up for de-briefing for the day. Dunno wad we did, oh ya, we marinated the chicken wings for the next day's bbq. So when to bed at abt 1.
The next day dunno hu's stupid alarm went off, some irritating song, den all of us woke up at 6. So tired. Took another bath. And only the yuths were aware of the hot water in the children's toilet, yeah! So did quiet time wif the grp at abt 7.40. I lead the qt. So after that there was breakfast, den we went to Fushan gardens for treasure hunt, more lyk park clean-up though.. So they played games. During the bbq, We ran out of charcoal, so Marcus and I went to north plaza to buy. Dinner was delayed by lyk an hour and the children were very hungry and were complaining. So the adults took the burnt sausages, cut off the chao tah bits and dipped it in water before serving the children. During worship, the yuth band came and played. There was message from Ps Alfred abt worship, cuz tt was the theme wad.. den there were performances by grps wif their instruments. After tt, since dinner was delayed, not all of us were able to eat a proper dinner, a lot of leftover chicken wings. But during supper, all the children or ppl 'stole' our chicken wings, so no actual dinner for us. Had de-briefing den Eugiene and i went to 7-11 and 'shop and save' at North plaza to get food. We went back to church to eat, so shiok, and tt was abt 1+ alr. den some of us went up to bethel where most of the older yuths were packing the prizes. Ben.lee was lyk stuffing marshmallows in his mouth, so funny. den wnt to sleep at 2+ 3.
Woke up at 6. still very tired leh.. So the ppl packed up den got another message, this time by Ps vernon, and the kids were asked to draw their most treasured possesions. Dey did. At at the end, Ps Vernon had the kids if they were willing to 'give' tt item to God as an act of worship. A lot of kids went up to put the piece of paper there. I was quite happy abt the response. But when they realised that tt item must be brought to church so they wld be given to God as an act of worship and service, many children actually went back to the chair becuz they did not want to give their best for God, even though God's ONLY son died on the cross for their sins. So i explained to the boys in my grp that by doing so, they treasure their PSP or other stuff, more than the LIFE of Jesus Christ, I was sad, but they are kids rite? They will still have many more opprtunities to serve and worship God, I pray. But will YOU give up anything just so you can follow GOD?
So i really enjoyed the camp a lot. These arethe photos that i took during the camp. Sorry guys, I dun have the grp foto, I think Eliza will send me soon..so God bless you!!
The next day dunno hu's stupid alarm went off, some irritating song, den all of us woke up at 6. So tired. Took another bath. And only the yuths were aware of the hot water in the children's toilet, yeah! So did quiet time wif the grp at abt 7.40. I lead the qt. So after that there was breakfast, den we went to Fushan gardens for treasure hunt, more lyk park clean-up though.. So they played games. During the bbq, We ran out of charcoal, so Marcus and I went to north plaza to buy. Dinner was delayed by lyk an hour and the children were very hungry and were complaining. So the adults took the burnt sausages, cut off the chao tah bits and dipped it in water before serving the children. During worship, the yuth band came and played. There was message from Ps Alfred abt worship, cuz tt was the theme wad.. den there were performances by grps wif their instruments. After tt, since dinner was delayed, not all of us were able to eat a proper dinner, a lot of leftover chicken wings. But during supper, all the children or ppl 'stole' our chicken wings, so no actual dinner for us. Had de-briefing den Eugiene and i went to 7-11 and 'shop and save' at North plaza to get food. We went back to church to eat, so shiok, and tt was abt 1+ alr. den some of us went up to bethel where most of the older yuths were packing the prizes. Ben.lee was lyk stuffing marshmallows in his mouth, so funny. den wnt to sleep at 2+ 3.
Woke up at 6. still very tired leh.. So the ppl packed up den got another message, this time by Ps vernon, and the kids were asked to draw their most treasured possesions. Dey did. At at the end, Ps Vernon had the kids if they were willing to 'give' tt item to God as an act of worship. A lot of kids went up to put the piece of paper there. I was quite happy abt the response. But when they realised that tt item must be brought to church so they wld be given to God as an act of worship and service, many children actually went back to the chair becuz they did not want to give their best for God, even though God's ONLY son died on the cross for their sins. So i explained to the boys in my grp that by doing so, they treasure their PSP or other stuff, more than the LIFE of Jesus Christ, I was sad, but they are kids rite? They will still have many more opprtunities to serve and worship God, I pray. But will YOU give up anything just so you can follow GOD?
So i really enjoyed the camp a lot. These arethe photos that i took during the camp. Sorry guys, I dun have the grp foto, I think Eliza will send me soon..so God bless you!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment